Yield: 6 servings
* 1 pound cake (10 3/4 ounce), cut crosswise into 12 slices
* 3/4 cup apricot preserves
* 3 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur (recommended: Amaretto)
* 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
* 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the pound cake slices on a large heavy baking sheet and toast in
oven for 7 to 10 minutes until the slices turn golden brown.
Alternatively, toast the pound cake slices in an electric toaster
Stir the apricot preserves and amaretto in a small bowl to blend.
Place 1 cake slice atop each of 6 plates. Spoon the mascarpone cheese
atop the cake slices. Arrange the remaining cake slices offset atop
the bottom cake slices. Spoon the apricot mixture over. Sprinkle with
the almonds and serve immediately.