Friday, March 13, 2009
Cook Time: 22 min
Yield: 36 to 40 servings
* 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
* 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup orange sprinkles, or orange sugar
* 1 (9-ounce) package of chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (recommended: Hershey's)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated. Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls. Rolls the balls in the orange sprinkles or orange sugar, pressing to adhere. Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.