2. Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli
3. Roasted Chicken Purses
4. Mozzarella Pillows
5. Turkey and Cranberry Ravioli
6. Butternut Squash Tortellini with Brown Butter Sauce
7. Ravioli Caprese
- a traditional mountain cheese from the Valle d'Aosta in Piemonte. Full-fat and semi-soft with a sweetish flavor, fontina melts evenly and so is particularly good for cooking.
- a cream cheese originally from Lombardia. Made with cream rather than milk, it is very high in fat. mascarpone is generally used in desserts such as tiramisu or instead of cream in sauces. Widely available, it is usually sold in tubs.
- one of Italy's most popular cheeses, virtually every region produces a version. Made from sheep's milk and always by the same method, although the results varies according to the milk and aging process. Pecorino Romano is a well-known hard variety from Lazio and Sardinia.
- curd cheese made from cow's milk. The curds are spun and worked into large pear- or tube-shaped cheeses, then immersed in brine and bound with string. Available fresh or matured and eaten as a table cheese or used in cooking.