Yield: 4 servings
* 1 1/4 cup shredded roasted chicken (or any leftover chicken,
light and/or dark meat)
* 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
* 1/2 lemon, zested
* 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for sprinkling
* 32 small, square wonton wrappers
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
In a small bowl combine the chicken, ricotta cheese, lemon zest,
thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
On a dry work surface place 8 wonton wrappers. Place a rounded
teaspoon of the chicken mixture in the center of each wrapper. Using a
pastry brush, brush the egg wash around the chicken mixture. Bring
four corners of the wonton square together over the filling to form a
purse. Press the edges together tightly to form a seal. Wipe the board
with a towel until dry and continue making batches of 8 with the
remaining wonton skins.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Add the purses and cook until they float to the surface, stirring
occasionally, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the ravioli.
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet. Turn off the heat,
add the cooked pyramids and gently toss. Transfer the pyramids to 4
serving plates. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and sprinkle with salt
and pepper. Serve immediately.