Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Pine Nuts
Yield: 40 cookies
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
* 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Pinch salt
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts, chopped
* 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the flour, pine nuts, and chocolate. Stir until just mixed.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out 1-inch balls of dough. Place on the cookie sheet. Bake until the tops look dry, about 18 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes on the baking sheets. Dust with powdered sugar and transfer to a serving plate.