Yield: 1 serving
* 2 to 4 slices (3 ounces total) fontina cheese
* 2 slices (1/2-inch-thick) rustic white bread
* 2 paper-thin slices red onion (optional)
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 6 fresh baby spinach leaves
* 1 to 2 paper-thin slices (1/2-ounce) prosciutto
* 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
Place 1 to 2 slices of fontina atop 1 bread slice. Top with the
onions. Season with salt and pepper. Then add spinach and prosciutto.
Add the remaining slice(s) of fontina. Top with the second bread
slice. Brush both sides of the sandwich with the oil.
Heat a grill pan over medium-low heat. Grill the sandwich until the
bread is golden brown and the cheese melts, pressing down with a metal
spatula or grill press, about 4 minutes per side.