Yield: about 30 cookies
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 egg york
* 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
* 2 teaspoons lemon zest, about 1 lemon
* 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
* 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a
hand mixer. Add egg and beat to incorporate. Add milk, almond extract,
and lemon zest.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the
almonds, then the blueberries. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Using two small spoons, dollop mix onto cookie sheets. Bake until
golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Cool the cookies on a wire rack. Save in a storage container to take
to the picnic.