yield: 4 servings
* 1 bunch fresh basil, stemmed (about 3 cups)
* 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 lemon, zested and juiced
* 1 orange, zested and juiced
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 cup grated Parmesan
* 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
* Extra-virgin olive oil
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Blend the basil, pine nuts, garlic, zests, juices, salt, and pepper in
a food processor until the mixture is finely chopped. With the machine
running, gradually add the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and
creamy. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal
grill. Brush both sides of the swordfish fillets with olive oil and
season with salt and pepper. Grill the swordfish about 3 to 4 minutes
on each side for a 1-inch thick fillet.
Transfer the grilled swordfish to serving plates, top with the citrus
pesto, and serve.