Yield: 6 servings
* 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
* 1 pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 1 cup grated Parmesan
* 2 eggs
* 2 egg yolks
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus 1 cup for coating
* 1 jar store bought marinara sauce, heated
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and
yolks. Stir in nutmeg, salt, pepper, and flour. Form mixture in to
small, flattened balls.
Dredge the formed gnudi in flour to coat, tapping off the excess.
Slide formed gnudi into the boiling water. Be careful not to overcrowd
the pan; work in batches if necessary. Remove the gnudi using a
slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4
Arrange gnudi on a platter and lightly drizzle with marinara sauce.