Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Mustard and Herb Mayonnaise:
* 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon leaves
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Polenta Crusted Shrimp:
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 1/2 cups polenta
* 2 teaspoons paprika
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail-on
* 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
* Kosher salt, for sprinkling
To make the Mustard and Herb Mayonnaise:
In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard,
tarragon, and chives. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the Polenta Crusted Shrimp:
Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 475
degrees F. Cover a heavy-duty baking sheet with aluminum foil. Combine
the flour, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the beaten eggs
into another small bowl. Mix together the polenta, paprika and thyme
in a medium bowl. Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour.
Shake off any excess flour. Dip the flour-dredged shrimp into the eggs
and then coat with the polenta mixture. Drizzle the shrimp, on both
sides, with the olive oil. Place the shrimp on the prepared baking
sheet. Bake for 10 to12 minutes until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with
the kosher salt.
Serve immediately with the Mustard and Herb Mayonnaise.