Yield: 4 to 6 servings
* 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 pound mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus 3/4 teaspoon
* 1 cup dry Marsala wine
* 1 pound thimble pasta
* 1/2 pound frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
* 1/2 cup cream
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon
of the salt. Saute, stirring occasionally, until all the moisture has
evaporated and the mushrooms have cooked down, about 10 minutes. Add
the Marsala and continue cooking until almost all the wine has
evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Stir
in remaining salt. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm
to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta
and add it into the mushrooms, Marsala and onions Add the artichoke
hearts, Parmesan and cream and cook until the artichokes are heated
through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and pepper. Transfer to
a serving bowl and serve.