Yield: 4 servings
* 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta bread (or 8 slices country bread)
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 8 ounces Taleggio cheese or brie, sliced
* 2 large pears, apples or peaches, cored and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
* 2 tablespoons honey
* Pinch salt
* Pinch freshly ground black pepper
* 3 ounces arugula or spinach
Preheat the panini machine. Cut the ciabatta loaf into 4 equal pieces.
Halve each piece horizontally to make 4 sandwiches. Brush the bread on
both sides with olive oil and place the bottom-half of the bread
slices in the panini machine in a single layer. Heat until golden,
about 3 to 4 minutes. Continue with the remaining top slices of bread.
While the top slices of the bread are in the Panini machine, begin
forming the sandwiches. Divide the cheese among the warm bread. Cover
the cheese with slices of fruit. Drizzle the fruit with honey.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with a handful of arugula. Place
the warmed top half of the bread over the arugula and return the
competed sandwich to the panini machine for 1 to 2 minutes more to
finish melting the cheese. Remove from the panini machine. Cut the
sandwiches in half and serve immediately.