Yield: 4 servings
* 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
* 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
* 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning fish
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
* 2 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 pound frozen artichokes, thawed
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the halibut and season with
salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook the fish on the
grill pan until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side,
depending on thickness.
In a medium saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over
medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add the
garlic and artichokes and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the white wine and stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of
the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and
juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a
Ladle the artichoke and tomato broth into shallow bowls. Top with the
grilled halibut. Serve immediately.